Rieko | Charity Office Volunteer
  Health, Education, Environment


Charity Office Volunteering in Kenya
Ever wanted to see and learn about what happens behind the scenes in an African charity? Come and play an integral part of our charity administration as an office volunteer in Kenya with Rieko.

Like any other organisation, what happens in the office is just as important as what happens on the ground. Our programs would not be able to assist so many disadvantaged Kenyans communities if it wasn’t for the excellent organisational and administrational work our HQ team does. Come and be part of making that difference with Rieko’s admin volunteer program!

What will I be doing?
Working in our office as a volunteer is an exciting opportunity not to be missed – Rieko needs enthusiastic and lively volunteers who are able to assist us with our online marketing and website, as well as our day to day administration and program management. In order for you to gain a thorough knowledge of what we do all round, what better way than to travel around Migori county visiting our programs and interacting with the teams and volunteers on the ground.

No day will ever be the same in the Rieko office. Not only will part of your time be taken up visiting our program sites, taking photos, and obtaining testimonials, but also will include updating our website and social media, marketing, fundraising and various other program administrational tasks.

Where will I volunteer?
Stationed at Rieko HQ in Migori County, your office volunteer placement will have you based within the office approximately 70% of the time. As we believe that you will only be able to know what we really do if you actually visit all of the projects we have on the ground, the other 30% of the time will be spent visiting our program sites.

All of our projects are based in Migori County – a large county located in south-west Kenya bordering Tanzania, Lake Victoria and the famous Masaai Mara Game Reserve, and with a wide span of natural beauty.

How long will the placement take?
Come and volunteer in the Rieko office as long as you like. Whether it be 3 weeks or 1 year, we would love to have you!

Where will I stay?
Rieko office volunteers can choose between staying with a host family, staying in our shared volunteer house, or in hotel accommodation. Accommodation with a host family will provide you with an authentic Kenyan experience, whilst hotels are a good option if you need some Western luxuries. Our Rieko team will discuss these with you to find what will be best for you.

Who can apply?
Anyone over the age of 18 years can apply to volunteer on our office work program.  

What’s next?
Contact the Rieko team today to book your office volunteer placement in Kenya!


Edward Kabaka Ochenge
Country Director, Rieko Kenya.
Tel.+ 254 729 864 061
Charity Registration no. OP.218/051/2010/064/6233
Copyright © 2012- 2016 Rieko Kenya. All rights reserved
Technology Partner Eckova